This quick and easy recipe is delicious, serve with Naan Bread or Rice.
- 3/4 tbsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves – Chopped
- 500g Sirloin Steak
- 4 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 230g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 200ml Cold Water
- 1 Small Onion – Cut into 6 chunks
- 1 Yellow Pepper – Cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 Large Tomato – Cut into 6 Pieces
- Heat 2 1/2 tbsp of the Oil in a large non-stick pan and add the Tomatoes, Garam Masala, Cumin, Garlic, Turmeric, Salt, Ginger, Cayenne Pepper and Sugar. Cook for 5 minutes stirring all the time over a medium heat.
- Add the Water and Fresh Coriander and simmer gently for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, thinly slice the Beef into 1/2 cm thick strips, toss them in 1/2 tbsp of Oil and season with Ground Black Pepper.
- In a seperate non-stick pan heat the remainder of the Oil. Add the Yellow Pepper and Onion and fry for 3 minutes on a high heat.
- Add the Beef and Tomato Pieces to the Pepper and Onion pan and cook for 2-3 minutes for the Beef to brown.
- Pour the sauce over the Beef and other ingredients and stir well for 30 seconds.
- Serve straight away with Rice or Nann Bread.