Slow Cooker Shoulder of Lamb
Lamb Shoulder cooked for 8 hours in the slow cooker is delicious and the juices are made into a rich tasty Gravy. Serve with Roast Potatoes and Seasonal Vegetables.
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Granules (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Rubbed Mint
- 6 Mint Leaves chopped
- 1kg Lamb Shoulder Joint (get your butcher to de-bone if you wish but keep it with the meat for cooking to enhance flavours)
- 100ml Red Wine
- 6 Shallots
- 225ml Lamb Stock
- 2 tsp Cornflour mixed with a little water
- Turn your slow cooker to low and put the Lamb Shoulder in.
- Add the Garlic Granules if using, Cracked Black Pepper, Rubbed Mint, Red Wine, Shallots and Stock.
- Stir, cover and cook for 7-8 hours, stir from time to time.
- When you are 20 minutes before you are ready to serve, remove the Lamb and keep warm.
- Turn the slow cooker to high, add the Cornflour paste and stir until the Gravy thickens.
- Add the fresh Mint.
- Your Lamb will be very tender and should pull apart easily, pour over the Gravy and enjoy!