Spiced Arancello Liqueur
This Spiced Orange Liqueur has a really rich warm taste and even has a slight flavour like Chocolate Orange which the Spice creates. Great for after dinner or this makes a great gift.
Keeps for 6 months once made.
- 2 Cinnamon Quills
- 2 Vanilla Pods
- 5 Green Cardamom Pods
- 1 bottle of Vodka
- 600g Caster Sugar
- 4 Large Oranges
- Using a peeler remove the zest from the Oranges in large pieces so you can then skim off the unwanted white pith as this will make it bitter.
- Add the Orange peel, 1 Cinnamon Quill, 1 Vanilla Pod and 3 Cardamom Pods to 1 large clean bottle or 2 smaller bottles, you will need room to add more liquid later.
- These need to be sealed tight and shaken everyday for 7 days.
- After this we are ready to add the Sugar Syrup.
- Put the Sugar into a pan and add 500ml of boiling water, stir until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is clear.
- Add this to the Vodka mix and gently mix well.
- Seal and again gently shake daily for 7 days.
- Add the remaining Cinnamon Quill, 2 Cardamom Pods and 1 Vanilla Pod for decoration and it's ready to drink – cheers!