Spicy Pumpkin Soup
Why not try this warming Soup for the perfect Autumn evening supper.
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Freeze Dried Chives
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Chillies
- Black Pepper to season
- 3 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 1kg Pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 300g Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 litre Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Single Cream (spare to serve)
- 1 Red Onion chopped
- In a sauce pan heat the Oil add the Onion and Garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Pumpkin and Potatoes for 5-6 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the Ground Coriander and Crushed Chillies, and cook for a further minute.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend with a hand blender or in a mixer in batches.
- Season with Black Pepper.
- Add a small amount of the Cream and Chives to serve.