This dish is quick to make and super tasty!
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Crushed Chillies
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- Sea Salt and Black Peppercorns for seasoning
- 2 Salmon fillets skin on
- 200g Wholemeal Basmati Rice (or enough for 2 people)
- 3 Tbsp Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 4 Spring Onions
- Bunch of fresh Coriander Leaves
- Fresh Lime
- Mix together the Teriyaki Sauce, Ground Ginger, Maple Syrup, Crushed Chillies, a pinch of Sea Salt, a pinch of Pepper and a squeeze of Lime in a bowl.
- Put the Salmon fillets in the marinade face down and leave while you cook the Rice.
- Boil the Rice from cold water, simmering for about 20 minutes or as per instructions, drian and allow to cool slightly.
- Grill Salmon fillets skin up on a tray for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown (basting with the marinade now and then), turn and allow to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the Sesame Seeds and grill for a further few minutes.
- Finely chop the Spring Onions and Coriander and mix with the cooked Rice and add a squeeze of Lime to taste.
- Put it all in a bowl and eat!
Thanks to Mr & Mrs Sinclair for the recipe.