Like potted Shrimps? Then you will love our “Potted Prawns”. The Spices in this recipe make it’s unique flavour and these are a great starter at a dinner party or as a light meal any time of the day. You won’t buy expensive potted Shrimps again!
Recipe makes 4 portions.
- 3/4 tsp Ground Mace
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- pinch of Fine Sea Salt
- Black Peppercorns for seasoning
- Dill Weed Tops for serving
- 1 fresh Garlic clove, crushed
- 300g fresh cooked peeled Prawns
- 250g Salted Butter
- Gently heat the Butter in a pan, add the Mace, Cayenne Pepper, Salt and Garlic and gently warm through. Season with freshly ground Pepper.
- Seperate the Prawns between the 4 ramekins.
- Pour the Butter mixture over the Prawns equally, give them a shake to ensure the butter reaches the bottom of the ramekin.
- Keep in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight to set.
- When you are ready to eat them, put the ramekin in a small amount of hot water making sure it reaches almost to the top of the pot, after a minute turn out onto the plate. If the mixture doesn’t come away easily you may need to run a knife around the outside of the mixture.
- Sprinkle over some Dill Weed Tops and serve with toast.