Sausage & Caramelised Red Onion Chutney Bake
Sweet blended with savoury, our Caramelised Red Onion Chutney stands up for itself against Sausages, bringing flavour and flair to this hearty dish.
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 red Onion, sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves, sliced
- 1tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1tsp Ground Ginger
- 8 Sausages
- 1tsp Soy Sauce
- 500g block puff Pastry
- 4tbsp Crème Fraîche
- 3 Spring Onions, chopped
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 2tbsp Caramelised Red Onion Chutney
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. In a pan, heat the Olive Oil and gently fry the red Onion, Garlic cloves, Cumin Seed and Ground Ginger. Remove the skin from the Sausages and add the meat to the pan. Continue to fry until the meat is cooked.
- Stir through the Soy Sauce and Caramelised Red Onion Chutney.
- Roll out the block puff pastry to 25cm x 35cm. Score along each edge, about 2cm in, to form a border. Spread the Crème Fraîche inside the border, then scatter over the sausage mixture and the chopped spring onions.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve with fresh Coriander Leaves
- Prep time: 20-25 minutes
- Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- Serves 4
Tags: Caramelised Red Onion Chutney, Coriander Leaves, Cottage Delight, Cottage Delight Caramelised Red Onion Chutney, Creme Fraiche, Cumin, Cumin Seed, Garlic, Ginger, Gluten Free, Ground Ginger, Herb, Herbs, Olive Oil, Onion, Pastry, Red Onion Chutney, Sausage, Sausage & Caramelised Red Onion Chutney Bake, Soy Sauce, Spice, Spices, Spring Onions